Wednesday 11 June 2014

Wilko's Weekly Waffle!

So where do you draw the line between minding your own business, helping people and interfering? Tough one isn’t it? So I says to this couple on bikes, riding towards a seriously muddy part of a marsh path, “You’ll be lucky if you make it down there any further, it’s really muddy.” I know it’s not my business but I was just being friendly. If looks could kill then I wouldn’t be here relating this! “Oh no we’ll be ok!” The look added, unspoken, how do you know you cretin with a camera you haven’t got a bike, what would you know? It was less than ten minutes when they passed me, this time going the same way as me, avoiding my glance, they didn’t see me laugh out loud as I saw the black wet mud on their bikes and posh little cycle shoes!! I thought about telling them the shortcut or the way to go to avoid the mud, I thought about it but not for long!! I even thought about wishing them a nice day but that would have been interfering wouldn’t it?

I occasionally get my bus ticket on my phone, yes it is an unsmart phone I have told you before, yes it is small, but I can get my ticket on it so it’s not that bad, hey? Getting on the bus the driver was squinting at the screen and after a fairly long squint he said, “You need to get a bigger phone.” Well however true it might be I can’t say I’m that confident about a driver who can’t see the screen of a phone in charge of driving ten ton of metal and 60 passengers down the country lanes!!

Did you know that the first guide dogs for the blind were all German Shepherds? So then who decided that Labradors could see better?


I make no secret about disliking intensely The Metro, the global free newspaper, but I do stick with my principles and refuse it if is ever offered and never voluntarily pick it up on a train or bus. Loudly criticizing every article on every page and calling the paper for everything is the most annoying thing, ever. Why should I have to put up with it? Oh yes I know why! Other people haven’t got any principles!!

No comments: