Tuesday 25 March 2014

Wilko's Weekly Waffle!!


Here we go again - I’ve decided that it doesn’t really matter which day it is after all, although for figure watchers well Wednesday is better!! 
Welcome to Wilko’s Weekly Waffle on this World Wide Webby thing!!

Pet aversion time!! I hate second hand radio. Why is it never a channel I would listen to and why the more I dislike it, the more I can hear it? I hate overhearing personal stereo’s or other people’s headphones. Does that make me sound incredibly old fashioned? Saying ‘personal stereo’s? Many years ago a coach captain, yes not a bus driver, well it was Greyhound in America said, “Personal stereo’s are personal, if I can hear them then they are not personal and if I can hear them you will find yourself waiting at the side of the highway for the next bus.” There was by the way just something in his tone that made you believe him! I hate Muzak, pathetic, middle of the road cover versions used a lot in lifts and department stores etc. But straight in at number one comes somebody else’s choice of “talk” radio. Wow it’s even worse than the music, the beat or the quality. Sorry back to buses….. National Express do it and some smaller bus companies, knowing that they can not win by playing music, mainly because of people like me, now choose to have local radio or Radio 4 subtley playing in the background. Local campaigners and champions alike, arguing the toss over every last little detail, non of which you know anything about! I love ‘my’ music and even love ‘my’ radio, talk or not but it’s all too much of other people’s sh1t!! So I have to listen to my own radio via my phone, but now I have to have it so loud to drown everybody else’s choices that mine is the loudest!! Hell mine is the best so that’s all right!

“I’ve just walked from the Rugby Club, it’s a short cut, really straight forward.”
“Hey that sounds really good, how long did it take you?”
“Oh about two hours.”
“That’s not a short cut then, it only takes 25 minutes from the Three Stags.”
“Yeah that’s about right, it’s about 15 minutes without my camera!!”
Staff members be aware of the way a question is asked!! Obviously the question should have been, “How long would it take you if you weren’t taking thousands of pictures of nothing on the way?”

Don't you just love this quotation, 
“Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them!”
~ A.A. Milne or Winnie The Pooh, you choose!!

So if you haven't been keeping up with our very own, hard working duo it is about time you revisited their website, some updates and new 2014 videos. mattandsarahduo.com allow yourself enough time though, I missed my bus by watching them!!

My picture of the week on my Pixel Rainbow blog can be viewed by clicking >>> HERE <<< and my Yellow Sunday Supplement from Si's Magical Picture Show can be seen again >>> HERE <<<



   

No comments: