Tuesday 4 February 2014

Tuesday doodle day!

So Goodbye Year of the Snake and welcome Year of the Horse. In Chinese astrological terms that is! One of my readers celebrated the outgoing year by finding a snake in the bathroom!! I’m not making light of it, I’m sure it was a highly traumatizing episode but I personally would be conscious of not going around to the house any time around February 19th next year. Well because unexpectedly finding a horse in your house at all would be bad enough but in your bathroom?
I can hear you all saying – Wow isn’t the Chinese New Year late next year? Yes it is and would you like to know why? It’s because we have already been too greedy this year as far as lunar cycles are concerned! Only the 4th of February and already had two new moons!! So of course we have to pay it back next year!

Apologies in advance to my American readership for using, in the next bit. a couple of words that you are not that familiar with!!  However with that apology you can be safe in knowing that you are in the vast majority – maybe 99% of Americans that have never ever done this!! Let alone understand it!! This is how the story goes!
I was on a bus the other day that went the whole way round a roundabout twice!! That’s actually the whole story!! Maybe I should add, at once and the same time? Maybe not? For those familiar with buses and only one bus stop serving both directions on roundabouts then this is although a little extreme very easy to get your head round. To those more local that know Clatterbridge hospital roundabout and the 487 towards Neston and passengers thinking it goes in to the hospital when it is three quarters of the way round the afore mentioned roundabout then this is so understandable you could probably go on to the next bit already!!
I had thought of over complicating that story with the fact that there is a petrol station in the centre of this roundabout too but thought for the sake of the red squiggly lines from spell checker (US) under all the words, I wouldn’t!

I love learning things and if I learn something every day – no matter what it is then that’s me one happy bunny!!

My learning experience yesterday is still rattling round in my mind! Thank you to a couple of readers and Tesco for this gem. At a self service check out at the above mentioned grocer there were two products being purchased. A clipper lighter, with a handle that you would use maybe for lighting a cooker or a boiler and a pack of 4 forks, just ordinary forks, without their knife partners. Forgetting that when purchasing lighters, alcohol, some meds and adhesives you have to have your age verified before you can continue, the assistant had to come to the check out and log in. “Sorry mate I forgot I was buying a lighter!” Can you imagine the shock when on the screen it said, AGE VERIFIED for product PACK OF FORKS!!
So cutting to the chase what I learned from this story was that you have to be 25 before you can stab someone or yourself to death with what are in effect very blunt forks but you are perfectly free to burn your house or their shop to the ground at whatever age you happen to be. So please mind yourself while you are eating and take extra care while you are washing up your cutlery!! As an aside to that story the verdict on the forks was that really they found it difficult tearing the flesh of a sausage let alone 'stabbing' human flesh!!  


No comments: