Tuesday 25 February 2014

Beat the Tuesday Blues with my Tuesday Doodle.


Here’s an interesting little known fact ; More people visit Las Vegas in a year than visit the UK!!

Four years to go before the next Winter Olympics in PyeongChang – Sochi from the opening ceremony until the closing ‘do’ was great and Team GB did so well with 4 medals! Because one of them was gold that makes us higher up the overall medal table than for example Italy!!

It was Emile Zola that said, “In my view, you cannot claim to have seen something until you have photographed it.” It could have been me, I guess!!

A wink apparently goes direct to the heart! I can’t argue that. After all I’m not that good a winker anymore!

So I attended my first public transport meeting for a few years during the week. Yes it was a bit of a ‘moan fest’, they always are! Funny thing though, the meeting started late because there were no parking spaces available because it was market day. Hang on it was a public transport meeting! Surely it would have been better to have been late starting because of late trains or buses. I did quite enjoy the meeting though, maybe it was because I was one of only four people out of about fifty that still has to pay to use public transport!!


I overheard this during the week and I do kind of understand. “I used to be quite religious until the pope was German.”

<<CLICK HERE>> for yesterday's post, the Terence Davies film, 'Of time and the City' about his native city of Liverpool. It's brilliant but maybe not for everyone!! Local (to me) history geeks will love it! This was originally shown on BBC2 on Sunday and is also available on BBCi player.

No comments: