Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Weekly Doodle.

 Welcome to the weekly ‘doodle’ again!! Thank you for reading it! Or statistically if not reading it being on the page for 30 seconds so your visit registers!! Clever stuff hey? I am however genuinely pleased with the amount of visits it is bringing to my blog and I am eternally grateful. 

I never cease to be amazed at Google! Yeah I know it’s sad but it is after all the brain I never had! Having a Google search page open while watching quiz shows is becoming top entertainment for the sad and lonely!! How to lose friends and influence no body at all, ever!! It’s no wonder I’m single!!
However there are other times that maybe it’s just as well or at least I don’t have joint use of my lap top with any significant other because you no longer need the history tab to ‘check up’ on your internet movements. The way that cookies and tracking cookies in particular work there are absolutely no secrets. The questions I would be asked because of recent searches would include such things as, “Who lives at 31 Toad Lane, Rochdale?” “Why do you want to know the currency of Croatia?” “So planning a trip to Gibraltar are you? When were you going to tell me?” “Who the hell is Balto?” And yes sadly many, many more!

Have you ever wondered about some of the descriptions that are used for the size of things? In almost every programme these days there is a comparison of ‘something’ that is immediately supposed to let you imagine the size of ‘something’ else! You are however still pretty much in the dark if you have no idea how big a football pitch or Olympic sized swimming pool or running track is. To say nothing of double decker buses, the weight of an elephant or the length of a marathon!!

One of the biggest differences between Hollywood and Bollywood is language. Hollywood has its American, though strictly speaking American isn’t a language but it is easier to describe it as such as opposed to English as the Americans speak it. Bollywood has seven recognized languages that films are made and sung in out of a possible 22 or 198 if you take all the regions of India and Pakistan in to consideration!! The reason, strangely enough is very similar, Pakistani is not a language and neither is Indian!!

The Long Walk To Freedom is the Nelson Mandela story and is a film not to be missed. You couldn’t write a more powerful work of fiction. Oh it’s a true story! That makes it so much better doesn’t it? It has got a cracking soundtrack as well by the way.

Because my readership is so intelligent I have to change saying, “I bet you didn’t know…..” to “I bet you knew that I didn’t know…….”

>>Samuel Cunard the founder of the Cunard shipping line was Canadian or more specific a Nova Scotian.

>>Potatoes contain nicotine.

>>Scooby Doo was named after a bit of a Frank Sinartra song, yes it was! Strangers in the Night! 





No comments: