Tuesday 7 January 2014

Doodle's of the mind.

 Never thought of Japanese cities having Chinatown’s, go on admit it neither have you? Ha ha!!

Did you know that C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien were at Oxford University together? They were both in a literary group together called Inklings, think about it, quite a clever name really! My point is however, the fun the literary world would have had if transcripts had got mixed up. We could have ended up with the The Hobbit, The Witch and The Wardrobe as stories in The Chronicles of the Rings or Lord of the Narnia!

The Wilko News team is really chuffed with this next advancement in technology it having been featured in many conversations, such as, “What is a white Bluebell called?” My stock answer is usually just, “I only take the pictures.” Which as a photographer is a standard very classy answer. Next bit of the conversation goes something like, “Well the military can do it, so why can’t we, just upload a picture and they tell you what it is!” 
Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls I present for you brand new from Google……… 
GOOGLE REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH!!!! 
Yes it’s true just go to Google Images and click on the camera icon and take it from there or click
                               >>> HERE <<<
for a walkthrough!!

I did try it out, well I had to, didn’t I? I tried it out on this site
                             >>> HERE <<<
Places to go in 2014, good article by the way and yes it’s good with the pics! However so far not so brilliant with some more obscure of my pics!! Can’t wait until I find my white bluebells again this year! Then we’ll know for sure.

20 years ago this week saw the world’s first ever travel blog, want to read it and the back story well just click
                            >>> HERE <<<

So 2014 the year of the strange, bizarre, unusual and interesting!! Yeah bring it on!! 
New Facebook group, Hidden Wirral Myths and Legends. First event invitation, a cemetery visit!! I kid you not!!  


Finally isn’t it ironic that the city that saw the birth of free trade and capitalism also played a huge part in the birth of communism?
Yes Manchester is the guilty city!

No comments: