Saturday 16 March 2013

Ramble On!!

First of all, I'm sorry if you are reading this expecting a bar by bar account of a famous Led Zeppelin track! Though if you know me at all that's exactly what it could have been! (On what was colloquially known as Zep 2 in, wait for it, no that can't be right - 1969!)

Oh wow! Formula 1, I've missed you!! It just seems to take forever to come round when you are anxiously waiting for something, not when you have to pay bills though!! So just to put us to the test straight off, the whole thing starts in Melbourne, Australia at our time of 6am!! Hardy lot us F1 fans you know?!! Now then I still haven't come to terms with the team changes and my favourite driver now driving for Mercedes Benz, who to support? Can I really cheer Lewis Hamilton on or do I have to switch allegiances? McLaren or Mercedes? But then there's also Ferrari? Oh what a problem! Pretty sure it won't be Red Bull but it could be Mark Webber and what about Lotus? You can maybe tell how much I've missed it already, can't you?
Then the other thing is how vocal I can be even knowing that some people won't be as lucky as me and watching it live! 
I know it's a huge country but it does feel a little special knowing that my son is in Australia at the same time as the Grand Prix, albeit, I know in a different city and state! On his way to Australia he did stopover in Singapore and saw the street circuit that is the Singapore Grand Prix. A night race which we have to wait until September to witness. I have no doubt knowing our family and F1 he will be keen to show us all where on the circuit he stood etc.!

People that know me will know that I used to live above a Greek restaurant and in fact had a Greek landlord. Just over two years I have been in this flat and when I moved in next door was Neston Tandoori, which has been closed for a few months. Opening soon!! Kri Kri. Would you believe a Greek restaurant?! Nothing at all against the Greeks or their restaurants but you couldn't write a script with that much coincedence, could you? Kri Kri is a Cretan (from Crete) goat which also explains the new sign that strangely enough features a goat!!

Rather ironic that on the eve of St. Patricks's Day that the 6 Nations rugby tournament is being settled between Wales and England and after Irelands defeat at the hands of Italy this afternoon Ireland could end up with the wooden spoon. It is with that match though I would like to finish this ramble. From a distance, there is no difference between the Irish and the Italian flags! Green/White/Orange for Ireland as opposed to Green/White/Red for the Italians. In fact on some nameless TV quiz show recently a picture of the Irish flag was wrongly identified as being the flag from Italy!! Don't get me started on flags! Yes you can fly our own Union flag upside down and yes in certain parts of the world I am known as Flagman!!

No comments: