Saturday 23 February 2013

Ramblings........



Today is one of my occasional rambles based loosely around the technology that we all have around us. Ladies and Gentleman welcome to the somewhat quirky concept of Google Doodles!!
It comprises of a really old fashioned practice of having a pen and pad at the side of my lappy. Sorry if this sounds alien or old fashioned to you but it is the way I roll!!
So on my pad I write things to remind me of maybe, what to search for or it could be a TV programme to watch, a book or CD to read, listen to, buy or you tube, a telephone number or e mail address, maybe even, what to bet on or just a simple name! This added to often hundreds of random names and numbers mainly ending .jpg!
Obviously by now you will have worked out that this takes real intelligence to use as the whole idea relies upon knowing what to do with each of these snippets of information!  This of course is where Google comes in to its own because the afore mentioned search engine is what has replaced for the most part my brain!!
With a smart little google gadget coupled with the fact that I have a gmail address as my primary e mail address, google chrome as my browser and use other google products such as blogger – all I now have to do is type in the random word from my pad and the “G” machine will do the rest.

Tasitiocht – Horse 1.30 Fairyhouse 23/2
0845 333____ - Calls from this number are from Royal Bank of Scotland (Do NOT answer!!)
Mound City – San Bernadino California now known as Loma Linda
Urban v Nature – Photo competition for festival of firsts
Sunny-Neo.com – site for upside down text
Moms are Magic – new children’s book by Julie Randall (you will need Kindle at Amazon……. )
Plutarch – Greek poet
Local Motive – DSCF2345.jpg in folder Can #12.

See how easy it is!! Anyway although I may just have exaggerated the results I know I will never now be able to go near my laptop without a pad. Incidentally here’s a few things left on my pad, until next time……

<Sunday Supplement, Foothill College, Los Altos, Thomas Jefferson, Khabi Khabie, Ches Jicarro, Ne(x)Li.Chp.Fa.(I)Ke., Oh Crick, Timbuk3, Heart and Soul, Black Crowes/Jackie Green>

No comments: