Sunday 14 October 2012

Weekly update...

So quite a week with Columbus Day and Canadian Thanksgiving in the same week!! Now  I have absolutely no problem at all with my North American cousins as most readers will already know, I can’t help but being a bit annoyed at my own country!  For a long time we have been a day or two behind in the public holiday league but even with Royal weddings and anniversaries we still fall a long way behind almost every other country in the ‘Western’ world. England and Wales are even behind Northern Ireland, another country within the United Kingdom! Unfortunately last Monday ust brings it all to bear!! We in the UK do not get a public holiday between the last Monday of August and Christmas Day. I’ll leave you to do the maths! At the same time especially you North Americans think about how many you have – just in that period!! I rest my case!! 
One of the pictures that I posted on Monday for Columbus Day was of a Greyhound bus numbered 1492. The year of discovery! 1990 was the year and that bus featured in my own year of discovery and my first visit to the American continent! By featured I mean it was my home for 37 hours and my first and longest Greyhound bus ride - so it was the big feature! Somewhere the second chapter of my story of my “Voyage of Discovery” is titled, wait for it…… “Me and you and a dog named 1492.” Even that title alone ages me significantly! If you don’t know what the hell I mean you may not be old enough….. (Google, ‘Lobo’)

I’m such a geek! Most of you already know that!!  I’m saying no more other than to relate three things in as many weeks that proves it, all strangely provable in photographs, which may indeed say something far more. So yes I am a geek photographer!! (1) Special diesel train pulling old coaches through Wrexham station. (2) A talk on a tree trail at the local botanic gardens, then pictures taken that are already in the Tree Trail booklet. (3) Eddie Stobart trucks, I say no more!!

Loving season 21 of The Amazing Race, only wish it wasn’t such a struggle to get hold of the episodes, mainly due to the gracious hospitality of CBS….. NOT!! All I can really say is, if you are in North America, you must watch it!! Sunday evenings CBS 7 or 8 or after the football!! If you wanted to follow it in the UK I can get you the link sometime on Mondays but unfortunately no guarantees. 

Also HERE is the Sunday Supplement on the Photoblog!!

No comments: