Sunday 9 September 2012

Another weekly update.


So it’s awards time and this time the MTV Video Music Awards, great, I’ll be able to be really cool and comment on it, because I’m not such a boring old fart that I don’t like a lot of the top music videos, especially the ones good enough to be winning awards. Sky plus it while the Paralympics are on and catch up on Saturday, great!! I guess the writing is really on the wall when you haven’t a clue who the main presenter, Kevin Hart, is? Then a seemingly endless parade of people reading out the nominations and receiving the awards that I had not even heard of let alone anything they had done. Yeah ok I gave up and so what I’m old and a boring old fart that listens to Planet Rock but at least I know my limitations. Anyway it saved my Googling every single name I heard!

Did you know that the unofficial name for Wheelchair Rugby as played in the Paralympics in London is Murderball ? There was a film called Murderball which featured members of the USA Wheelchair Rugby Paralympic team and what an absolutely amazing sport it is!! Aggressive in the extreme but exciting? Wow, yes!! In fact if you were not feeling it, just a bit, then I would recommend you have your adrenalin glands looked at!!

Sticking with the Parlaympics and the wheelchair based rugby and basketball, both hard aggressive games that depend a lot on precise passing of their respective balls and subsequent tactical and necessary time outs. Time outs which of course are used to refuel and refresh the team members with bottles of liquid and towels. All of which are thrown at them for speed by the teams support staff. Good job the game is stopped for this important interlude because the number of dropped towels and drinks would lead to a lot of big turn overs and lost points!!

I love free stuff!! Coca Cola true to their word as part of their sponsorship of London 2012 promised a free Coke for everyone in Britain, which I do believe was always a possibility. With the TV adverts and huge publicity, this week saw the final part of this promotion. So I printed off the voucher took it to Boots and got my free bottle of Coke! Simple!! Tasted so much better because it was for nothing!!

No comments: